Table of Contents
A website is more than just an online brochure. It’s the face and hub of your web presence and digital marketing.
Regardless how great your social media marketing is, your website is the main place where clients go to learn more about your services and make a decision whether to engage your services.
That’s why it’s crucial to have professionally written web content, and why you should consider a web design agency with expertise in creating law firm website content for attorneys and legal professionals.
Here’s our guide to content for law firm websites to build web traffic and win new clients.
Top Recommendations for Content
A well-designed website for lawyers should include the following web content and components:
- A clear, professional design that showcases your brand and conveys a sense of trust and credibility.
- A comprehensive overview of your services, practice areas, and expertise.
- An easy-to-use navigation system that makes it simple for visitors to find what they’re looking for.
- A “Meet Our Attorneys” section that highlights the background and experience of your attorneys.
- A practice areas page to go into more detail about each of your area of law you’re experienced in.
- Client testimonials and case studies that demonstrate the results you’ve achieved for past clients.
- A live chat function with either standby operators or a good AI chatbot feature.
- A “Contact Us” form that makes it easy for potential clients to get in touch.
What Does a Good Website Do?
A good website has several key functions for law firms, including:
- Establishing your online presence and making it easy for potential clients to find you.
- Providing information about your services and experience.
- Building trust and credibility with potential clients by showcasing your track record of success.
- Helping your website get found in search engines through proper use of SEO best practices.
- Allowing potential clients to get in touch with you easily and quickly.
What Makes a Winning Content Strategy for Lawyers?
A content strategy for lawyers is a plan for creating and sharing valuable, relevant, and consistent content that helps attract and retain a clearly defined audience and, ultimately, drive website visitors to contact your firm.
Law firm websites should include the following elements:
- Defining your target audience and understanding their needs and preferences.
- Identifying the types of content that will be most valuable and relevant to your target audience.
- Developing a content creation plan that includes a mix of blog posts, case studies, infographics, and other types of content.
- Sharing your content through a variety of channels, including your website, social media, and email marketing.
- Measuring and analyzing the results of your content marketing efforts to continually improve and refine your strategy.
- Including relevant keywords to improve your SEO to help potential clients find your website through search engines.
Why is SEO Important for Websites?
SEO is an essential part of any long-term traffic generation strategy for a law firm website. It helps to optimize content for discoverability and visibility, allowing the website to reach its target audience.
This helps to drive new visitors to the site, as well as nurturing existing relationships with customers, improving growth and brand awareness.
Through search engine optimization, it improve’s your website’s chances of being found in search results for relevant terms, increasing the chances of potential clients finding you online.
In addition, good SEO practices can also help improve user experience on the page by providing more relevant content faster, since most people on the web don’t actually read webpages word for word.
Overall, SEO is an invaluable tool for any website looking to increase their online presence and lead generation.
How Do You Write an Attorney Bio for a Website?
A major source of content for law firm websites is attorney bios. An attorney bio is a brief summary of your background, experience, and achievements.
Here are some tips for writing an effective attorney bio:
- Introduce yourself – Begin with a brief introduction of your name, title, and law firm. This will help readers to quickly identify who you are and the services you provide.
- Describe your experience – Explain your experience as an attorney, including any specialized areas of practice, awards or honors you have received, and publications or articles that you have written.
- Highlight accomplishments – Outline any significant cases that you have handled or other notable achievements in the legal field. This will demonstrate your experience and knowledge within the industry.
- Provide contact information – Include a way for potential clients to contact you directly, such as an email address or phone number.
- Keep it professional – Make sure to write in a professional tone and avoid using casual language or slang terms. Also, double-check for any typos or grammar errors before publishing your attorney bio online!
- Focus on your strengths – Highlight your areas of expertise and the results you’ve achieved for past clients.
- Make it personal – Give prospective clients a sense of who you are as a person, not just as a lawyer.
What are Five Legal Issues That Should be Considered When Developing a Website?
When developing law firm websites, consider addressing the following five legal issues:
- An “attorney advertising” disclaimer on every page, usually in the footer.
- A web accessibility statement that outlines the steps you took to make the website accessible.
- A terms of service page if you are conducting business directly through your website.
- A copyright statement, e.g., ©️ Copyright 2023 Your Law Firm Name. All Rights Reserved.
It’s important to work with a web design agency that is knowledgeable about these legal issues and can help ensure that your website is in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
What Should You Not Include in Law Firm Website Content?
When creating an attorney website, there are certain things you should avoid including:
- Unauthorized use of others’ intellectual property, such as images or logos.
- False or misleading information.
- Confidential client information.
- Content that could be considered discriminatory or offensive.
- Information that could potentially harm your clients or your firm.
A Common Tactic: Outsourcing Legal Content Writing
One of the most common law firm website best practices is to outsource the copywriting. It involves hiring an outside professional to create content for your firm’s website, blog, or other online presence.
Specialists in legal content writing services can provide many benefits including saving time and money, as well as allowing you to focus on your practice.
It also allows you to take advantage of the expertise of experienced professionals who specialize in creating effective, legally sound content that can be used to educate prospective clients.
In addition, these professionals are often well-versed in areas such as SEO best practices and can help you get maximum visibility for your content.
When hiring a copywriter, be sure to ask for legal content writing samples to ensure they are familiar with the legal industry.
Ultimately, outsourcing content writing can be a great way to ensure that your firm actually overcomes writer’s block and produces fresh content for your law firm.
Website Design for Lawyers: Custom Websites that Drive Results
At Fletcher Digital, we understand the unique challenges faced by law firms and legal professionals when it comes to how to create a law firm website that effectively showcases their areas of expertise.
That’s why we offer custom web design services and legal marketing specifically tailored to meet the needs of the law firms and solo practitioners.
Our team of experienced web designers and content marketers will work with you to develop a website that showcases your brand, conveys a sense of trust and credibility, and drives results.
Whether you need help with content strategy, search engine optimization, social media marketing, pay per click advertising (PPC), or any other aspect of online marketing, we’ve got you covered.
If you’re interested, let us know and we will send you a list of some of the sites where we get our own law firm website design inspiration.
Get in Touch
If you’re ready to take your law firm’s website content to the next level, get in touch with Fletcher Digital – one of the best law firm website design companies in the U.S., located in Bethesda, MD – just outside Washington DC.
Our team is ready to help you create a website that delivers the results you need to succeed online.
Create a law firm website that drives results with the help of Fletcher Digital. Get in touch today to learn more.